Thursday, March 29, 2012

Urban Nine Patch Variation Update

I finished the top yesterday.


The colors in this photo are pretty accurate. The background fabric is Kona Snow, the rings are Kona Celery, the other fabrics are Wrenly prints, Dazzle prints and some unidentified older prints from my stash.

I even got the binding and backing fabrics picked.


The binding will be the top fabric. I used it for the half square triangles in the blocks. The backing is a fabric I purchased from Equilter during their end of the year sale.

I'd like to get this one basted today but I have quite a list of things I have to do today before I can start on my list of things I want to do.

5 comments:

Vivian said...

Those pesky "have to" lists can take so long to clear, but then the "want to" list is that much more fun.
This quilt top is wonderful. Love the colors and the blend of the fabrics.
Your backing fabric looked familiar--then I realized it looks like the side borders I have on my blog, pulled from somewhere. Your backing looks like it was created just for this quilt. Good choice.

Sharon S said...

It is so fun watching what everyone is doing with Jenny's ruler. Love what I see here!

sybil said...

It's beautiful! So fresh and spring-like.

Jenny said...

This is wonderful Lynn!! When you get a chance, be sure to add it to the Flikr group! LOVE IT!!

Mama Pea said...

It sure turned out great, Lynn! Can't wait to see what it looks like quilted. Knowing you, that will add even more excitement to the quilt!