Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Flowers

I showed you my painted flowers back in June.


You can read my previous post here.

My original plan had been to machine quilt this. After Goldie died I needed a hand project and this was already basted and ready to go. I love how it turned out!

Flowers, 12" by 12"

close-up of hand stitching
Does anybody else use hand work as a distraction from grief, worry or stress?

The finished size is 12" by 12". I used a variety of variegated YLI threads for the stitching. Since my machine doesn't like the YLI, I now only use it for hand work. My hand sewing needle isn't as picky as  my machine and didn't complain at all.


5 comments:

Laura said...

It is lovely! What a great combination of painting and hand quilting. Sorry you needed comforting but glad you found something soothing!

Jeanne said...

Your flowers are lovely. I hope they will remind you of the happy times you shared with Goldie.

Denise in PA said...

Lynn, the hand stitching looks lovely! Many hugs for you.

West Michigan Quilter said...

The answer is yes! I've been doing a lot of that lately. Love your block and how it turned out. Hugs.

Mama Pea said...

Yes! I do find it therapeutic. I gotta tell you, I liked your painted fabric before you quilted it. But after you quilted it, I now think it is absolutely outstanding. Your quilting really makes this, Lynn! Wow. Love it! Still feeling bad for you about Goldie. Have thought of you a lot in the past few weeks.