Friday, October 5, 2012

A Gift

... for me!


I will be making these as gifts this year for some of the teens on my list.


I used this excellent tutorial by Erin Erickson of Dog Under My Desk. I had no problems making it and it only took about 30 minutes of actual sewing. It took me a bit longer than 30 minutes to make it because I had to print out the pattern, trace it onto freezer paper, cut out the pattern, and pick fabric (I used scraps). I estimate that the whole project took about an hour. The next ones will take less time.

The pattern calls for a split ring to go in the tab. I don't have any at the moment, but I will get some. I'll put a split ring on this one later. It works just fine without it though.


7 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a great idea. I love this one you made and think something like this would work for some teens on my list. Great way to use those scraps too. Thanks for the link.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 05, 2012. Thanks again.

The Slow Quilter said...

That is a nice projct, thank you for sharing it.

Linda said...

Saweet gift for you!!! Thats a really cool idea!!

stephmabry said...

I love this tutorial! I made mine without the little tab thinger, since I just keep it in my purse - but it's definitely a fun little present! Great stocking stuff.

Mama Pea said...

I have a pattern for these, too. I think I can even make them in my embroidery machine. I love it. Thanks for reminding me about it and triggering what a great gift it would be!

Barb said...

That is a wonderful gift!!! Thanks for the link!