Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Candy Stripes

I finished number two of the six projects I'd like to finish before the end of the year.

Candy Stripes
This is another of the charity tops I pieced at my last retreat. I really like this pattern for charity quilts. It is easy, fairly fast and makes a good size finished quilt, about 54" by 62".

For the quilting I played with a few of the designs from the book Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Waters.


I used Pulleys (p. 58), Wishbone (p. 54), Stacked Triangles (p. 52) and Figure 8 (p. 48). I alternated through these designs and used each one four times.

I hope to get some more sewing done today. My husband and son went skiing so it should be a nice sewing day for me. However, we have had a clogged kitchen sink since Monday afternoon and I've got to deal with that today. The plumber has been called and they should be here early afternoon. Hopefully it won't interfere too much with my sewing plans.


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am a day late reading this, but I hope you had lots of good quilting time.

Mama Pea said...

I think I commented on this, but it didn't "take." I love this. it's really beautiful. Your quilting is great. I'm so impressed with how you practice your FMQing. I wish I could do that!