In my art group we have been working on our next group project. We are doing a village scene. I am woefully behind on my section due to work and lack of an idea that excited me. I've planned and picked fabric for several different pieces but never even cut anything for it because it just didn't feel right.
I started over, again, with this two weeks ago.
I know, it doesn't look like much. This was just the start of my new idea. While auditioning fabrics I realized that my batiks stash was low, which may have been part of my problem. I remedied that last Friday.
Here is what is looks like today.
The tree is off to the side because I haven't decided if I will use it or not. I need to put something in the bottom third. I was planning to just put flowers but then I cut out this tree trunk. So maybe I'll put flowers and a tree. I'm still playing at this point. I also need to add a recognizable quilt block somewhere. I've got a couple of ideas for this, just haven't gotten that far yet.
After I get everything fused on I will stitch it all down and add more stitching in places to enhance and fill out the design. I will also add other embellishments, although exactly what is yet to be determined.
There are six of us in my art group, The Sew Silly Sisters. We are each doing a 12" by 30" finished size panel for this piece that will end up being 72" by 30". Everyone is stitching and embellishing their own piece. When they are done, we will sew them together then layer it with batting and backing. Someone will do a little bit of quilting to hold everything together, but the idea is to only do minimal quilting at this point.