Monday, June 27, 2016

Paper Piecing Class Sample

We've had several requests for a paper piecing class at my shop. Last week I went in search of an interesting, but not too difficult pattern. This is what I found.


I made one block and turned it into a pillow. The purpose of the class is to teach the basic paper piecing technique. I wanted a pattern that was interesting but not too difficult. Something that students could finish in a three hour class. This is perfect!

Students can make one block and turn it into a pillow as I did. Three blocks would make a nice table runner. Or they could make a quilt with more blocks. 


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your pillow. This looks like a nice block. What is the pattern?

Gene Black said...

Nice. Where did you find the block pattern?