Monday, December 5, 2016

2016 Ornament

My ornaments for this year are made!


The center one, the one with a button, is the first one I made. My original plan was to put a button in the center of them all. I'm rethinking that now. I don't have any more of those black buttons and I don't have enough of any one button for the rest of them. They don't all need to have the same button in the center, but I don't have enough buttons I think will work for these. And I think they are pretty cute without buttons. So I'm calling them done.

These are each made from five 2.5 squares. I used mini charm packs of the three Moda Christmas lines I have in my shop: Jol, Cookie Exchange and Juniper Berry. They finish at 2" square.

The construction method I used is similar to this folded fabric hot pad tutorial. I only used 5 squares and no batting for these since they are just ornaments, but the idea is the same.


No comments: