Thursday, June 22, 2017

Row by Row Experience Begins

The fun began yesterday and goes through September 5th. I got the pattern for this little lady last year but just got around to making her.


This is Bobbin the Robin and she is the official mascot of Row by Row. Isn't she adorable?!

The pattern is easy. I'm not sure why I put off making her.


The shoes are 18" doll shoes (think American Girl Doll). Her legs are BBQ skewers painted white and then I used a Sharpie marker to make the black stripes. There is air-dry clay inside the shoes so she can stand up.

The theme for this year is "On the Go" and this is the row for my shop.


Our row celebrates Alamosa as a town "on the go!" Alamosa was founded as a railroad town. The whole town was transported on flatbed railroad cars from just east of Ft. Garland in the summer of 1878 and set up in just a few days. There is a famous story that the owner of the hotel served his guests breakfast in Ft. Garland and dinner in Alamosa that same day in the same building! Just like last year, our row was designed by Janet Davis exclusively for Alamosa Quilt Company.

If you want a kit you can come in to the shop or call to order one, (719) 937-2555, or email me or leave a comment so I can email you. Please do not send credit card information in an email or comment though! I'll call you for that.

Row by Row rules do not permit shops to mail out any patterns or kits until November 1st. This is so that only folks who actually go into shops are eligible to win the associated quilt contest, which ends October 31st. So if you do call to order a kit, just be aware that we are not allowed to ship it to you until November 1st. Last year we took orders, processed the sales and packaged everything to be ready to ship on November 1st. That way everyone who called was assured to get a kit, since we set one aside specifically for them at the time of purchase. For more information, go to the shop Row by Row page by clicking here.


4 comments:

Sherrill said...

I just got back from Pagosa last Fri. and almost made it over to Alamosa. We were going to the Great Sand Dunes but never made it. I would've been a little early for row by row anyway. Love the row!

Anonymous said...

Your bird is so cheerful! I will be out your way the end of July and hope to be able to stop by. It would be nice to meet a blogger friend in person.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh my goodness! I love your row by row! Great job!

Barb said...

Your bird is awesome......clever... love your row as well.