Monday, March 26, 2018

Petite Stitched Purse

I'm a bag pattern collector! I have every intention of making every bag pattern I buy, but it doesn't always work out that way. Now that I own a fabric store it's even worse. I see a cute pattern and buy one "to try out for the shop." I have quite a collection going now.

Recently I decided that I really need to make a commitment to make up some of these patterns. I'll file the ones I don't like and order more for the shop of the ones I do like.

I picked the Petite Stitched Purse from my pattern stack to try out over the weekend.





It's a simple clutch style bag. There is suppose to be a small pocket inside, but I couldn't figure out the directions for it. There aren't any diagrams for the pocket and the written instructions just didn't make any sense to me. I started to try to wing it, but wasn't sure where the bottom of the pocket should be. So I just gave up on the pocket all together. I don't think it really needs a pocket inside. The bag isn't very big. The strap closure is pretty interesting and it has some hidden magnetic snaps too.

The idea for this bag is that you can customize it with a bunch of quilting or decorative stitching. The photo doesn't really show the simple quilting I did following the print of the fabric. I didn't want to do too much work on this one since I was just trying out the pattern. Despite not being able to figure out the pocket, I like the pattern. I'll need to figure the pocket out at some point. I think this would be a great pattern for featuring some of the many decorative stitches we all have on our sewing machines. The pattern gives good directions for how to mark your fabric for doing some decorative stitching. I'll try that on the next one and get that interior pocket figured out too!


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

This looks like an interesting pattern. I like the shoulder straps and the way it closes. Great job!