Friday, June 9, 2023

Want to join me for a virtual class?

 I will be offering my first virtual class through my shop later this month. Since the class is virtual (gonna use Zoom), you can participate from anywhere. Here is what we will be making:

Canvas Tote Class Sample

This is a Canvas Tote Bag. The class fee is $20 and includes a copy of the pattern plus enough canvas fabric to make one bag.

Here is what the pattern looks like, Canvas Tote.

Canvas Tote Pattern Front

I've got a few kits cut already but I have more canvas to be able to cut quite a few more kits, if necessary.

a sample of the canvas kits I've cut for the class

When you sign up for the class you can request a specific canvas fabric (everything I have in canvas is shown in the photo, but some of them are already sold out). I'll do my best to send you the canvas you request but I can't make any promises as I only have what I have of each one.

One of several tools I will demo during the class is this new Boxed Bag Template.

boxed bag template image

It's not a must have item, but it sure is nice to have! You can rotary cut out the corners for the pattern instead of having to draw the corner and cut it out with scissors. It also allows you to cut out darts using a rotary cutter. It has a rounded corner for those bags that call for rounding corners. And it has a handy little grid for cutting zipper tabs. It also comes with a free pattern for a simple zippered bag.

If you'd like to sign up for the class, click the following link: Virtual Canvas Tote Bag Class If you would like me to, I can hold your class kit (the pattern and fabric) until after the class ends. Then you can add to your order if you'd like another fabric kit ($9.99) or if you want any of the tools I demo during the class, like the Boxed Bag Template, and save yourself a little shipping.

Again, the class is $20 (plus shipping if required). The class fee includes the class, the pattern and enough canvas fabric to make one bag. The live class will be Tuesday, June 27, 2023 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm Mountain Time. But don't worry if you have to miss some or all of the class because it will be recorded. All students will receive a recording of the class (a few days after the class ends) that you can watch as many times as you need to. This style of class is not a sew along style class. You'll watch the class then actually sew the bag later. So you don't need your machine for the actual class. You'll have the recording that you can watch, rewatch and fast-forward/rewind while you are doing the actual sewing. This is a very beginner level class. Even if you've never made a bag before, you can do this one. I will show you EVERY step.



No comments: