Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sudoku Finish

This is the last of my stock pile of tops I had prior to purchasing Hattie. It was pieced by my Mom as a Sudoku quilt. Now it's done!


Click on any image in this post to enlarge it and see more detail. I quilted this one first in the ditch. Then I did an echoed "X" on some of the squares and a "squared swirl" on the rest. For the sashing I did some "s" shapes that kind of look like flames to me.


I was going to bind it in solid black but the black I have is so obviously from a different dye lot that I opted for the orange multi-colored polka dot. *SIGH* I just love polka dots!

For the back I pulled a zig zag flannel from my stash. (Now you know where I got the idea to quilt zig zags on this quilt.)


The zig zag flannel piece wasn't quite large enough so I added some scrap orange/pink/yellow flannel too.

7 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

OMGosh!! It's absolutely stunning.
I love the contrast between the colours and black.

Carolyn

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. Particularly like the way you have quilted it. I'm always a loss as to what to do. Great job!

Denise in PA said...

Great job! I think the binding works just fine!

SGB said...

This is so cute! The bright colors are awesome. I just love it.

Linda said...

Beautiful Lynn!!! I love the quilting!! Perfect for the design of the quilt!

Mama Pea said...

You make me tired with how much you get done! LOL. The quilting looks great. You and Hattie seem to be getting along very well and are good for each other!

Vivian said...

Greetings from a brand new owner of an HQ Sweet Sixteen. Linda (Quilted Pineapple) sent me your way. You and Hattie do beautiful work together. My training session is still 48 hours away, and then I'll hopefully find plenty of time to practice.
You've done wonderful, creative quilting on the projects I've seen here.