Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bitten By the Embroidery Bug

I finished my second Reindeer.


He looks like he has had a bit too much eggnog!

Since I have been enjoying these reindeer, I thought I'd try a pattern I have admired for a while.


A lady in my guild did up this pattern and brought it for show and tell some time ago. It was so cute! You use crayons to color in the embroidery too. I don't know if you do that before or after stitching since I haven't read the pattern yet. But it sure adds another dimension to the piece.

I bought this half yard bundle of Guising fabrics to use for the borders from the Intrepid Thread.


I look forward to getting started on this but I want to finish my Star project before beginning this one.


3 comments:

Rosa said...

Your reindeer is adorable!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your reindeer! That witch's boot is adorable. I've seen it made up and admired it but it is really a lot of work so I'm going to enjoy watching you make this one!

Mama Pea said...

Your reindeer is so cute! I have that Halloween pattern, too, and I was also thinking about working on it for Jana's Halloween in June thing. LOL. We are so cut from the same cloth. And now, I want to go get that half-yard bundle you got! haha!