Thursday, January 31, 2013

An Art Group Project

My art group is doing another project. We are each making a long skinny quilt that must contain a vertical red line some where in the middle third of the piece. Here is my part.


I machine quilted vertical lines, except on the red line I hand stitched some X's.


We have not yet decided how we will bind our pieces which is why mine isn't bound yet. When we mount them together all of the red lines will match up creating a continuous red line from top to bottom.

Miss Spooky Boo is not impressed.


She says to be quiet because she is taking a nap. Underneath the quilt she has her feet on is a kitty heating pad. She started out curled up on it but got too warm I guess. Not a bit spoiled, is she? Wink, wink.

I'm linking up with Nina Marie of Creations ... Quilts, Art ... Whatever for Off the Wall Fridays.




8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ah, so each piece will be bound and the narrow edges won't line up? Am I imagining this correctly? I think it will look amazing.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your art group project. Those colors are fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing how you put this together. I've never heard of a cat heating pad. Is it especially for cats? Yes, sounds like she's spoiled to me.

Denise in PA said...

I love this! And the straight line quilting looks fantastic. I am loving that look more and more!

Nina Marie said...

ohhh I like where this is going - I would like you to link up this post on my blog's "Off the Wall Fridays" - its a link party aimed at art quilters' creative endeavors. We find it motivating and inspiring! Its open Fri-Sun!

Judy Ferguson said...

You have a great design going here. You could stop right now and it would be great. Love it.

Mama Pea said...

I love how this turned out. What a clever idea for a project!

Our poor kitties would love a heating pad. It's only 10 degrees tonight. I put extra blankies in their house.

quilthexle said...

Clever art quilt group project ! Will you post a pic of them all together?

Cathy Perlmutter said...

So creative! I can't wait to see the outcome! Brilliant!