Monday, January 21, 2013

Finally Done!

I finally finished the laptop carrier for me!


I've even used it already. I'm really pleased with how it turned out even if it did take a long time from start to finish. I started this at the end of August! I looked back through previous posts until I found where I posted about purchasing the fabric, August 28th.

I did a brief review of the pattern when I made one for a shop sample. I did purchase the zippers from the pattern designer and they work well. I especially like the double zipper for the top opening where the laptop goes in.


The zippers are a bit expensive in my opinion, but are great for this purpose. They also come in some great colors. I used Apple Green and it coordinates nicely with my fabrics.

Miss Spooky Boo was complaining that I haven't shown a picture of her recently. She is about 7 months old now.


She is so black and shiny that photographing her is a challenge! This is a pretty good picture though.


5 comments:

Linda said...

Carrier turned out awesome!!! Functional and pretty!!!!!

Gene Black said...

It looks great, Lynn. I love the color and fabric design. Are the circle pieced or is that the fabric?

Pat Merkle said...

Love the laptop carrier, especially the lime green zippers. And very nice kitty!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your lap top carrier. Especially like the zippers. What size is your carrier. My lap top is 17". I'm wondering if it would fit?

Mama Pea said...

That is really awesome! Did you piece all the curves, or is that in the fabric? I can't remember. I love the zippers, colors, everything.

Spooky Boo is so cute.