Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Think Outside the Kit

My LQS has had these kits hanging around for several years. The date on the selvedge of one of the fabrics is 2010. There are four of them, one for each season. These kits are not selling, even at 50% off.

I decided to buy one and challenge myself to make something with it. I got the Summer kit. This is the free pattern that comes with it.


Meh!

But look at all the great fabrics in this kit!


I can definitely do something fun with these. I even have somewhat of a plan. Stay tuned to see how this turns out ...


4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Great fabrics! I know you'll come up with something fantastic for these! The big flowers will make a fun border!

The Slow Quilter said...

Those are great looking fabrics and colors. Even if you do not make the patteren that fabric will look great in anything you make.

Vivian said...

Kim Schaefer's fabrics and patterns are colorful and unique, but they'll definitely be interesting to see worked into a different plan.
I've often bought sale-priced kits for the yardage, not just for the photo on the pattern.
Have fun !

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love Kim Schaefer's patterns. Those fabrics look fantastic. I'm sure you will make something beautiful with these.