Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September Scrap Group Project

This month we are working on another project from the book "Cut the Scraps" by Joan Ford.


I'm calling it Scrap Jar Insanity. In the book it is called Fly Away. Above is just the center portion. It measures 57" square. Each of the four blocks requires 162 2" squares for a total of 648 2" squares for the four blocks. This made a noticeable dent in my stash of 2" squares!

I am working on a pieced border that we will do in October. The quilt in the book uses pieced corner squares but just a single fabric for the outer borders. You'll have to wait until next month to see that.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMG! This quilt is going to be beautiful and I'm always looking for a way to use up my scraps, but I can't imagine piecing all those small pieces....sooo many of them! You're doing a great job!

Yvonne said...

Love your quilt, especially with the gray. It looks like a mottled gray? It really makes the colored squares shine! Thanks for sharing it.