Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weekend Sewing Plans

I had great plans for last weekend. My husband and son went camping with their Boy Scout troop which left me home alone for the weekend. I had several projects on my list to work on. Unfortunately, Friday evening I came home from work with a sore throat. I sewed for a little bit after work, but decided I should go to bed at my regular time rather than stay up late sewing because of my sore throat. It was worse Saturday morning! I sewed for a little bit but not nearly the marathon sewing session I had planned. Sunday I had a fever and my voice was extremely froggy. I spent Monday and Tuesday in bed. I'm feeling better today, but not well enough to go to work.

So instead of being able to show you all the great progress I made on several projects over the weekend on Monday, it is now Wednesday and I still have nothing to show you.

So I'll show you this summit photo from the Boy Scout trip.


The photo was obviously not taken by me, but someone on the trip. Notice the arrows and text though. I'm getting pretty good with PicMonkey! Since we are so proud of elevations here in Colorado, I'll tell you that the summit of Mt. Ouray is 13,979 ft.

And I'll be a bragging momma for a moment. My child was the youngest scout to make it all the way to the top.


4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Oh, what a bummer that you couldn't take full advantage of all of that alone time! Figures, right?? Looks like the boys had a good time - great photo! And, congrats to your son!

Yvonne said...

Rotten deal getting sick, hope you feel better soon!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Not fair! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Mama Pea said...

Way to go, Boy! Woo hoo! So sorry you weren't feeling well. Glad you are on the mend now!