Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Guild Class

Last Saturday I took a full day class with my guild from Annette Kennedy. Click here to go to her website. It was a fun class and this is what I made.


I wish I had taken a picture of this before I started painting. For three of the five branch pieces I used the back of the fabric. So all of the marks you see on those pieces are painted on. Some of my leaves are good, some aren't that great. I'm hoping the quilting will help with some of the leaves I don't really like.

I have enough of the dark green to do another small border, then I'll quilt it. The piece is small, only 9" by 20" at this point.

It was a fun class and if you get a chance to take a class from Annette and you are interested in painting on your quilts, take the class. She also teaches a class through Craftsy called Painted Pictorial Quilts. She said that she covers a lot of what we learned plus some more stuff in the Craftsy class.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a darling wallhanging. Id like to see more about how this done so I'm off to her site. Thanks for the link.