Friday, September 22, 2017

For A Friend

As a quilt shop owner I get asked the question fairly often, "Will you make a quilt for me?" My standard answer is, "I'm sorry, no. I sell the supplies to make quilts.  I'd be happy to set up a class for you to teach you how to make a quilt, but I don't make quilts for people." However, occasionally circumstances are such that I say yes. This is one of those times.


To protect her privacy I will not reveal details, but I'm making this for a friend. The fabric is hers purchased years ago from the previous quilt shop in town. She has saved this fabric all this time planning to make herself a quilt with it. The quilt is finally getting made, although by me instead of her. The pattern is an oldie but goodie called Bundle of 10. You need 10 fat quarters for the center plus some sashing and border fabric. I've had the pattern for years but never had the right fabric collection and time to make it. 

There isn't enough fabric left for a backing so I need to pick something from the shop. I'm sure we've got something that will be perfect. There is enough fabric left from the center for a scrappy binding using some of the fabrics from the center. I'm not sure if that is what I want though. If not, I'm sure the perfect binding fabric is also in the shop somewhere.


3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I don't make quilts for others either, but sometimes an exception just has to be made for special friends. She must be special indeed.

Anonymous said...

Good pattern...what a fortunate friend. Even quilters sometimes need someone to make a quilt for them.

Annie said...

I really like that quilt!