Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Curvy Log Cabin

I've been playing with my new Curvy Log Cabin Trim Tool ruler and came up with this fun quilt.


I'll be teaching this as a class at my shop. It measures 48" by 64" without borders. I haven't decided if I'm going to border it or not yet.

To make one you need one jelly roll, 2 1/2 yards of background fabric and the 8" Curvy Log Cabin Trim Tool from Creative Grids. I opted for a single background fabric but you can also just use scraps. 

This is a really fun block with so many setting options. There are quite a few patterns available. I just played with my blocks to come up with this one.


P.S. I've gotten some questions about why I don't post much any more. The truth is that since I opened my shop I don't have as much time to sew and even less time to document it here. I still read blogs when I can, and try to leave brief comments when I do. I don't see this changing for as long as I have a quilt shop to run!

No comments: