Friday, November 30, 2018

Summer Bouquet :: A Finish

I finally got this one finished! The top was completed in September 2017. Click here to read that post and see the unquilted top.

Here it is all finished.

If you clicked to read my previous post you may notice that I didn't use a "scrappy binding made from the fat quarters used in piecing the top." Full disclosure: I can't find the pieces I cut for the binding! I knew exactly where they were before I moved the shop, but now, I have no idea. Oh well! I have an entire store full of fabric so I just picked something else so I could get this finished.

I quilted it myself on my domestic machine (BERNINA 380) using Westalee Templates. I used the Spinning Wheels 36 to quilt the center of each block, the Sashalee Stitch in the Ditch template to stitch in the ditch, and the 12" Arc for the quilting in the sashing. The quilting in the sashing created partial circles which I didn't realize would happen until I was halfway through quilting that part. Happy accident!


Barb said...

Love love this one

Gene Black said...

My first thought was "I Love how she did the circles around the blocks. It is indeed a happy accident.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Very pretty with such pretty quilting.

GG. said...

This project looks great. Congratulations on a very good job. Thanks for sharing photos. Of course, I am asking for more sharing of such wonderful works.
Regards, ctnbee