Monday, February 17, 2020

Drawstring Gift Bag

The last Saturday in January I had an LQS Day event at the shop. We had a short bolt sale. Afterwards we had some bolts left over so we have been getting creative with ways to use them.


One of the left over sale bolts was this Merrily fabric. The animal is fat quarter size. So I designed this lined drawstring gift bag using the animals. Shown is the moose. The others are a polar bear, a deer and a penguin. We kitted up the animal with coordinating fabrics, twill tape for the drawstring and a pattern. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

My family has used only fabric gift bags for several years now. I have made them in several sizes. It makes Christmas morning clean-up much easier! And there is very little trash to throw away. Birthdays are easy too. It is a great way to use novelty prints that you bought because they are so cute but you don't know what else to do with.


No comments: