Monday, March 23, 2020

Sewing Machine Cover

This adorable panel that sews up into a sewing machine cover is a new arrival at my shop.


Not wanting to infringe upon anyone's copyright, I blacked out the instructions on the panel in the photo above. The black is only on the photo, not on the panels. Underneath the black scribble are the directions, which are very good.

Here is what it looks like sewn up and in use:


Completely adorable! The pieces were easy to line up so the pattern continues nicely all the way around. It only took about an hour and a half to make, which included cutting everything out. I did use interfacing on the pieces the instructions recommended. I used ShapeFlex interfacing because it is my favorite. It will make two sizes of machine cover: (large) 17.5" by 12.5" by 8" or (small) 15.5" by 11" by 7".

I made the small size. In my opinion the small is the appropriate size for most "regular" sized machines. It is covering one the shop Bernina 930 machines.


No comments: