Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Whispering Pines Sidelights Quilt :: A Finish

 My long arm quilter takes a break every December so I am trying to get some things quilted before December. I even broke my personal rule of not taking her anything to quilt for me until I get all of the previous batch of quilts finished.

This one was a shop sample for the fabric collection Whispering Pines and the Sidelights pattern. I am completely out of the Whispering Pines collection in the regular width fabrics but I still have a little of the 108" wide back from the Whispering Pines collection.

Whispering PInes Sidelights Quilt

This quilt is now for sale. If you are local you can come into the shop to purchase or anyone can purchase it online. The quilt finishes at 46" by 62". Click here to view the quilt in my online shop. The price of the quilt is over the free shipping minimum so it would ship free.

For the back I choose a gray/blue textural print. The fabric is from a collection called Fusion and comes in regular width and wide back.

Whispering Pines Sidelights Quilt Back

As with all of my quilts, this one has a label on the back.

Whispering Pines Sidelights Quilt Label

The Sidelights pattern calls for several fabrics to be used for the "windows" along the side and bottom. However, for this version we used one fabric and fussy cut elements from it to frame along the side and bottom.

Whispering Pines Sidelights Quilt Detail 2

Whispering Pines Sidelights Quilt Detail 1

And it has been beautifully and professionally quilted. The binding was machine sewed to the front and expertly hand sewn to the back.



No comments: