Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Birthday Sewing

 My birthday was last week. I gave myself the day off and stayed home and sewed! I made a tablecloth quilt for our new dining room table.


tablecloth quilt

The pattern I used is called Moda Love. It is a free pattern from Moda. I adjust the size of the finished squares to 7" finished so that it would fit my 46" round table. This version will finish at 56" by 56".

I am calling this quilt "Here Kitty Kitty" because I dug into my larger-than-I-thought collection of cat fabrics. I used 18 different cat prints for this project which isn't even half of my collection!

Fun fact: the cat print shown below was purchased exactly 20 years ago on my birthday from a quilt shop in San Diego. I used it to make a baby quilt for my son, who I was pregnant with when I bought the fabric. So, of course, I had to use a bit of it for this quilt too!

birthday cat fabric



No comments: