Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Charity Finish and Tried a New Ruler

 I finished this quilt recently.

charity quilt finish

I used some scraps of older Kim Diehl fabrics and the Cats Cradle ruler from Creative Grids.

Cats cradle ruler
I tried several different layouts of the blocks and blank squares. I went with this one because I had enough fabric. Other layouts would have required me to dip deeper into my stash or buy more fabric. The only thing I had to use from my stash for this one was the inner border fabric and binding. The binding was actually leftovers from my binding bin. They are several different black fabrics but it is hard to tell that from the photo. You can really only tell they are different fabrics up close.

The quilt finishes at 46" by 54". My Cats Cradle units finish at 4". I quilted this one myself using my Q20.



No comments: