Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Splendid Split Stars :: A Finish

 I finally completed the Splendid Split Stars quilt.

Splendid Split Stars quilt finished

This took me much longer than it should have because I lost steam on the project. I'm sure you know how that can be! My main issue with finishing was that I sold all of the kits before I finished the shop sample. Then I thought, "why am I bothering to finish this when all the kits are sold?" Well, I finished because I didn't want another unfinished project AND because I might be able to make a few more kits with a couple substitutions for the fabrics I no longer have. I do have more patterns, Splendid Split Stars Pattern.

If I do decide to make more kits I'll let you know. Usually I don't like to do substitutions in shop kits but if it's just one or two that are really close in color and style to the original I don't mind - as long as we clearly mark on the kits which fabrics have been substituted. This is often easy to do with batiks, which is what this one is made with.



No comments: