Monday, June 3, 2024

Another Sew Along is in the Works

 I started cutting more potato chip pieces (2" by 3 1/2" pieces) in April and told my Facebook Sew Along Group (Alamosa Quilt Company Sew Along Group) that I was going to do another sew along with these in May. Well, May is almost over. I got sidetracked with "business stuff" that required my immediate attention. Then I was trying to do too much at once with this project. I have several different variations planned that I want to share with you. I was trying to do that all at once, but I think one at a time will work better for me, and you too probably. So my plan is to release one variation every few weeks, until I've exhausted my ever growing list of variations of this fun block.

Potato Chip units cut and ready for sewing

So, the first variation of the potato chip block will be released on Monday, June 10, 2024. I'm going to release the instructions right here and post a link to my blog in the Sew Along Group on Facebook. If you are a blog follower then you are already in the right place for the Sew Along information.

You will need (30) 2" by 3 1/2" rectangles (these are the potato chips) and then you need (12) 2" squares and (1) 3 1/2" square of a single fabric per block. I am planning to make 12 of these blocks for my quilt. If I don't add sashing or borders then the quilt will finish at 36" by 48". I am using a white fabric, but black is also a good choice. Really anything will work, as long as you stick with the same fabric. The blocks for this size chip will finish at 12".

If you use the larger size chips (2 1/2" by 4 1/2") then you need (12) 2 1/2" squares and (1) 4 1/2" square per block. You'll still need (30) 2 1/2" by 4 1/2" chips per block. The blocks for this size chip will finish at 16".



No comments: