Monday, September 23, 2024

Crimson Tweed Update

 On Thursday of last week I put the final seed stitch, which is how I hand quilted this, in my version of Crimson Tweed.

Crimson Tweed, quilting completed

I've been working on this for quite some time! I started quilting it in October of 2022. I worked on it most Thursday afternoons at my shop during our Hand Sewing Group. Sometimes store sewing took precedent and I had to get it done instead of working on my Crimson Tweed, but I tried to not let store sewing get in the way very often.

The last step is binding, a label and a hanging sleeve. I have the binding fabric picked out and cut. The plan is to get this finished soon and ready for hanging up in my house this year during the Christmas season. 

When I do my final post on this project I'll take some close up images of it so you can see the details a bit better.



No comments: