Monday, January 3, 2011

UFO Bust Luau Report

I finished quilting the swirls around the panel of my Funky Santa quilt yesterday afternoon.


You can click on the image to see it larger. If you do, you might actually be able to see some of the quilting. I love this pattern. It is my new favorite. I had just barely enough green thread to finish.


And the bobbin was only about a quarter full when I finished.

Then I started quilting the panel.


Yuck! I do not like the way this is looking at all. The fushia thread looks good on the red and pink but not over poor Santa! I put in Return of the Jedi and sat down to watch and rip all of this out. It took pretty much the whole movie but I am glad that I stopped and took it out. I only wish I had stopped sooner. Now I am trying something else and I really like how it is looking. I am just outlining the Santas and some of the other images with invisible thread. I'll use a light green to quilt around the Santas and go back to the fushia for the rest.

So I didn't get it finished this weekend, but it is well on it's way to being finished, this month I hope. My boys will not be back until dinner time so I still have all afternoon to work on this. I have dinner going in the crockpot so it will be ready whenever they get here.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Did you just rip out the red on the green part where Santa is and leave the rest? Because I think the rest looks great.

You really ran close with the green thread! You might need more to finish it, huh? It's really a cute wall hanging! Very cheery. Well done.