Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My little guy never did catch a leprechaun. Oh well! I got him a shamrock plant today though as a little gift. He's been wanting a plant (and a fish and a bird and a ....). You get the idea. Shamrocks are pretty easy to grow so maybe he'll be able to keep this plant alive for a while. He has named it Patricia.

Yesterday I was feeling the need to sew, but I didn't feel like working on any of my in progress projects. I know, this is how UFOs are born, but come back tomorrow for my UFO Bust report and you'll see that I am making progress in that department. Anyway, I pulled out my solids scraps and found some that were about 4" square so I paired them up and made half square triangles.


This little piece has turned into my challenge project for the month. The monthly challenge I am doing with Stephanie from Peas in a Pod. The assignment this month is "narrow inset piecing." I know you don't see any narrow inset piecing in the photo above, but I'm not going to show you that yet! This is just a sneak peak. We reveal our challenge projects around the end of the month.

While making these half square triangles yesterday I also finished my other two blocks for the Just One Star project. See yesterdays post for details about the project. There is still plenty of time to participate. Here are the blocks I am sending in.


And will you just look at this crazy cat!


What is that she is killing? It is my bunny slipper pin cushion. (The link will take you to my blog post where I showed how I made it.) I have had to rescue it three times today!

3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I want to see what narrow inset quilting is. Maybe I can use it on that project I'm doing for Em Celebrates. Love that kitty! I'm hoping Stephanie's cats has kittens.

Melissa ;-) said...

Hey, I bet it would be great fun to design a quilt with a bunch of HSTs like that! Looking forward to what comes nest!

Mama Pea said...

Great start on your project. My goal is to get started this weekend. I got some fabric at the guild meeting to try it. :-)

I love that the boy got a shamrock for St. Pats. Nice. Great idea. I wish I had done that!

Your cat must like the smell of the boy still on those slippers. Or did you stuff it with catnip? haha. She is so cute.