Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yesterday's Project

My son's class is putting on a production of "The Little Mermaid" in May. I am a weekly classroom volunteer so lately I have been doing some set design and other tasks related to the play. This morning I made a mermaid tail.


The fabric base is cut from a green sheet and then there are four layers of a green plastic tulle-type stuff sewn to the fabric. I am auditioning embellishments too.


This is some lime green eyelash yarn pinned over the top. I like it! I haven't figured out all the details yet but this looks like a good start.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great start!! Looks just like a mermaid to me!!!

Mama Pea said...

Yes, that does look like a good start! How fun! How big is it? Will it be fitting on one of the young girls? That's a lot of fun. I was thinking about some of that sort of see through but iridescent fabric they make. I can't think of what it's called. Interesting on there. Hey, you like to bead...how about sewing on about a million sequins? LOL. Just kidding! I think the eyelash yarn is a better idea!