Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just One Star times 4

Moda is coordinating making quilts for the Quilts of Valor program. These quilts will be given to Marines injured in the line of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. The are asking folks to make a star block and send it to them. All the details can be found on the Moda blog post for Just One Star. The deadline for star blocks is May 1, 2011. They don't want just any star block. Click on the link for the block pattern. The block pattern link is to a two page .pdf pattern file. The first page shows a picture of what the finished quilts will look like and the second page is the instructions. They need 1800 blocks to make 100 quilts.

This morning I cut out four blocks, two red and two blue. I have already finished the blue ones.


I'll make the red ones later today.

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Well, I made one block today. I'm not a piecer, it was a struggle, and mine sure don't look as nice as yours. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the info and links to this worthy project.

Mama Pea said...

I have been seeing this all over the blog-o-sphere. I want to do it, but I can't even catch my breath right now. I will probably have to pass. But I would really like to do it. Cant' think of a more worthy one.