Thursday, February 16, 2012

Noodle Surprise

Turns out I don't have any more batting so quilting Swoon will have to wait.

I basted my Noodle Surprise quilt over the weekend and started quilting it today.


I quilted in the ditch around the blocks and around the inner border to stabilize everything. That's not very exciting and if I did it right you can't see it from the front. Then I started quilting the blocks. You may have to click on the image to make it larger so you can see the motifs I've decided to use. In my usual style, I'm not marking anything, just using the piecing as my guidelines for the design.

Here is a picture of the finished top from October.


Our grass looks so green in this picture! It sure doesn't look like that now.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Your quilt is fabulous, I just love the fabrics you chose.

Mama Pea said...

Looking good, Lynn. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product!

quilthexle said...

Lovely top ! the colours are just wonderful - so lively and bright ;-))

Anonymous said...

long time no see grant if your still knoking around i think this is the site
filling address , they have a deal on at the mo ,tell them myself put you on