Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pre-Trip Project

Before leaving on our trip last week I needed an iPad cover. The first one I made went to my mom since she went on a trip in February.

I followed the same patterns but this time I added handles. Both sides are the same. I was in a hurry. I did make this one about a quarter of an inch wider than the first one so the iPad slides in easier with the cover attached.

I like the idea of handles and these handles work well. However, they were not the easiest to attach. Truth be told, they were a real pain to attach! If I make another one of these I'm going to have to rethink the handles.

This bag has no raw edges inside. If I had assembled it as two pieces (front and back) instead of four (two outside pieces and two lining pieces) these handles would have been much easier to attach.  


West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your cover. I would have wanted the handles too. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep those in mind if I ever make one.

Rosa said...

Love your covers ,are very nice!

Mama Pea said...

Your bag looks good. I can see why the handles would be helpful. I know you....you'll come up with a great idea for simplifying the handles. :-)