Thursday, January 19, 2012

Zippered iPad Cover

My DH got me an iPad for Christmas. Thus, I needed to make a cover for it. I used this tutorial from Fat Quarterly. However, I altered the pattern so that there are no raw edges on the inside. I used the assembly idea from this tutorial on Moda Bake Shop to make the lining separate from the outside so that there are no raw edges inside. I also added a strap using the instructions from the second tutorial.

I used some Wrenly and solid brown for my cover. Below is one side.


And here is the other side. I can't decide which one is the front.


My iPad fits perfectly inside.


However, the opening is a tad small with the cover on.


The tablet will fit inside with the cover on, but you have to wiggle it to get it past the zipper. I may make another one about a quarter to a half inch wider. 

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

It's really cute! I love the fabric! Mine is tight with the cover on in the purse I made, too. It fits great without the cover...

West Michigan Quilter said...

Cute cover. Love that fabric!

scarlett said...

gorgeous! i want an iPad just so i can make a cute bag for it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think this will be the year I get an iPad. I love your cover.

Michelle said...

I wouldn't be able to decide which side was the front either!

Valerie said...

Lovely! I bought a 1/2 yard of identical Valori Wells Wrenly fabric just because I loved it - no purpose in mind (of course). Might just make one up like yours. I like how you added some hand stitching embellishment - my favorite!