Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sale Fabrics

Every year Equilter has a big year end sale. This is the second year that I have taken advantage. Usually they have really fast shipping. However, if you order during their end of the year sale be prepared to wait a bit for it. They get a lot of orders because of the deep discounts, but it's worth the wait! I ordered this year on Christmas Day and my fabric came Jan. 10th.

Here is what I got for my stash.


The top two have subtle ovals. The next two are some white on whites which I am low on. The bottom three were just too pretty to resist. All except the top two are 1 yard cuts, which is the minimum required purchase during the sale. The exception is if they don't have a yard left. That is why the top two are less than a yard, but I bought all they had left.

These next 6 fabrics are all 3 yard cuts purchased for backs of charity quilts. Three yards is enough for the back of one lap size quilt, with a little left over. Or it is enough for the back of two baby quilts.


The bottom one is slated to become the back of my Noodle Surprise quilt. I had a $4 per yard limit this year for this sale. I paid between $3.40 and $3.98 a yard for each of these fabrics. All are "quilt shop quality" fabrics.

If you have never ordered from Equilter, I recommend them. They have a nice website that is easy to use. They have a free pattern designer and a free color finder feature. They also have a weekly newsletter that includes all the new fabrics they have in and the weekly sale fabrics. Sign up for the newsletter if you want to get in on the great sales. The newsletter comes out sometime over the weekend. If they have a good sale, shop early because things go fast. They also have a mid-week "creative nudge" newsletter. It usually includes a photograph or some other source of inspiration along with a brief list of what's new in the shop and sales.

5 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Great haul! I'm going to put this sale on my calendar for next year!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a deal! Beautiful fabrics. I'm especially drawn to those on the bottom. There is something about stripes!

Mama Pea said...

That is great! You're such a good planner. I love those stripey ones on the bottom are just wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Barb said...

Wonderful fabrics, thanks for the link!

Deanna said...

Good things came to you for waiting. It is nice to stock up on backs and basics during sales.