Friday, January 20, 2012

To Do List Progress

I started my blocks for the Oh My Stars! quilt along this week. There are three sizes of stars - 12", 8" and 4" finished. Here are my blocks so far.


I am taking my time with this one, just enjoying the process. There will be over 100 stars total. I have decided to make my star points out of half square triangles rather than flying geese. I think my half square triangles are more accurate. Those little four inch stars are so cute! Good thing I think so because the pattern calls for a lot of them. 

8 comments:

Teresa said...

You know I wanted to do this quilt along so bad, but I hate making flying geese. Im happy to see your using HST instead! Maybe I will put this back on my to do list!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your stars. you do such good work with those sharp points and seams matching. i can't imagine making a 4" one! Love yours.

Rosa said...

They look fabulous.This is in my to do list.

Tammy said...

Those are such pretty blocks!

Deanna said...

I LOVE your stars! It is time for me to get to work on that project myself. Other things keep getting in the way.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful stars! I may have to check this out, too.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh yes! I love those stars.

denise copeland said...

wow...since reading your post and admiring your stars,I’ve visited the Oh, My Stars site twice (and checked my stash...wow