Tuesday, January 17, 2012

House Block

Today is Art Group Day for me! We are all bringing our house blocks to show. These will go into a group quilt in some way. We have not yet decided how we will put them together. Below is mine.


This block is nothing like what I originally planned to do! I was going to do a Victorian house. I even drew out a pattern, but I just couldn't bring myself to go any further. It just didn't excite me. Then I happened across this post over at Eat, Sleep, Quilt. She posted a link to the Wonky House Blocks flickr group. I really liked this house block and got to work right away making my version.

I really like the original block. I'm not so sure about mine. First, it is pretty big. I think it might actually be bigger than the maximum we set for our house blocks. If so, I'll need to make another one. Second, I'm not sure I like my tree. The original had some green triangles pieced into the sky behind the house as trees. I really like that and had planned to do it, but then got side tracked and ended up with what you see. The sky piece with the tree can come off so I can still change it. I'm going to see what my group thinks before making a decision.

6 comments:

Quiltsmiles said...

Love your WH block, that tree is fab!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your block, especially the tree. That is what caught my eye! What a great idea of putting everyone's house into a quilt. I'm going to try to get people at our shop to do that!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love all house blocks--but I REALLY like this one!

Julie said...

I love that tree!

Mama Pea said...

I really like this block. Like Caroll, I really liked the tree, too. Nice work and very creative!

Unknown said...

I like your block. Very cute! :)