Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Indecision

A Stitch In Color is finally here! Lately I have been buying mostly half yard cuts. There are 40 prints in the A Stitch in Color line and I just couldn't choose. So I bought fat quarter cuts and splurged on the entire line.

blues
greens
oranges
I'm not sure what I will do with these yet other than rearrange and pet them. Originally I thought I might make the Swoon pattern with some of them. However, I'm not sure I can cut them up yet. That is why I also bought a fat quarter bundle of Primitiva.


And the Tangerine fat quarter bundle.


I know myself and was worried that I would not be able to cut any of the A Stitch in Color right away. So I may be making the Swoon pattern from the Primitiva and some of the tangerine bundle. Those Swoon blocks look great in just about any fabric! There is a large Swoon Along going on right now with a very active Flickr group.

All fabrics were purchased from my favorite online shop, The Intrepid Thread. My sister gave me a gift certificate for my birthday which paid for one of the last two fat quarter bundles.

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Great splurge! I just splurged and bought the entire fat quarter bundle of Good Fortune! I like this stuff, too, and the Primitiva. Way to use your gift certificate. I want to do the Swoon Along, too. I have the pattern. I just can't get started on anything new. :-(

stephmabry said...

I love Intrepid Thread! I just dedicated a whole post to gushing about the fabric I got from her, and the great service that came along with it! I have no idea how long it'll be before I finally get around to cutting into the half-yards I bought, either...they're just so pretty :)

Jenny said...

I was at the fabric store and the Stitch in Color Layer Cake...just slapped me across the face and...I had no idea Moda was doing up her fabric! I was so excited and can't wait to use it!! I've always loved her prints! Not something I was expecting to purchase that day...but I love those surprises sometimes!

Denise in PA said...

Lovely fabrics! I think Primitiva would make a great Swoon quilt!

maria said...

You are a happy woman for sure with all that beautiful fabric,.

Great choice!
|Marie

pegcollins said...

these are gorgeous! I'm drooling!