Friday, January 13, 2012

Slow Cooker Jambalaya

I made this Sausage and Bean Jambalaya for my family earlier this week. I'm blogging about it so you know it was a hit! I used turkey sausage instead of what the recipe called for because I made the mistake of reading the nutrition labels at the grocery store. I also added some onion because if it doesn't have onion or garlic, why bother!?

I think okra would be a great addition to this recipe. I didn't have any so I didn't use it, but I'll look for some at the grocery store for next time.

The photo is from the Better Homes and Gardens website as is the recipe. It was in the December 2011 issue.



3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks super good and hearty!!

Denise in PA said...

Yum! I agree with you on the onion and garlic. And, I would have added okray too!

Mama Pea said...

Looks good!