Monday, November 19, 2012

Modern Monday

There was no block last week for the Modern Monday Quilt Along, but I still have something modern to show today.

The next class cycle at my LQS, Heartstrings and Heirlooms, starts in December. I will be teaching another Quick Curve Ruler pattern by Jenny Pedigo, Urban Birthday. My LQS owner wanted me to use one of the layer cakes we have in stock for the class sample. We don't currently have any layer cakes that are really "my style" except for some Mama Said Sew ones. I am already using this line for another class sample so I didn't want to use it again even though I love it.

*sigh*

So I picked the layer cake we have the most of, Rouenneries Deux by French General. If you click the link you can see the fabrics in the line. If you have been following me for any length of time then you can see that this line is definitely "not me." However ... I'm loving this quilt!


I have made all of the blocks, but have not squared them up yet. Here is a sample of what they will look like in the quilt layout.


It will be a modern quilt using very traditional looking fabrics. The "solid" fabric the pattern calls for is the charcoal. It is a print, but a very subtle print and all of the French General fabrics look great with it. It is also a Moda fabric, Evening Mist. I don't know what line it is from.


2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Lynn, it's looking great! Sure wish I could take your class o:)

Mama Pea said...

I really love French General fabrics. No, it's not your style, but I am liking the juxtaposition of the modern design and more traditional fabrics. Good choice. I will enjoy watching this take shape!