Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quilting Leaves

I'm quilting up a Yellow Brick Road quilt this week.


Above is a photograph of the back so that you can actually see the pattern I'm quilting. I got the pattern from the book Free-motion Quilting with Angela Waters. She calls it leaves. It does look like leaves, but it also looks a bit like the Star Fleet emblem the characters wear on their chests in the shows.



This is the second pattern I have used from her book. I blogged about the first one here. The only challenge has been figuring out how to get the leaves going in all different directions and still fit them in together nicely. I've done better with this in some places than in others. I don't think it will be too noticeable to anyone but me when I'm done.


3 comments:

Barb said...

I love how it is quilted!!

Mama Pea said...

It looks pretty good to me. You are so funny about the Star Fleet Enterprise look-alike!

Unknown said...

You've sparked an idea! Space motif fabric FMQ'd with the Star Trek emblem!