Friday, February 15, 2013

Better Late Than Never

Have you noticed the Curve It Up Quilt Along button on the right hand side of my blog?


This quilt along is hosted by Jenny of Sew Kind of Wonderful and her sister, Helen of HGMR Deco Quilting. The first block was posted on October 23, 2012 and I am just now getting around to starting the quilt along.

Here is my first block.


And here is the second.


I noticed that the instructions for block #8 are now available on Helen's blog! Sheesh! I'm glad I started before the last block is posted! I can't remember if there will be nine or twelve blocks in this.

I'm using my A Stitch In Color fat quarter bundle for the print fabrics and Slate Kona solid for the background.

I didn't realize until I finished the first block how big these blocks are. They will be 16" square when finished. So far the instructions are very clear and there are photos for exactly where to place your Quick Curve Ruler for the cuts.

As will all good quilt alongs, there is a Flickr group for participants. Click the link to see some wonderful blocks!


1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I've been following it and collecting the blocks, but I haven't made anything. Maybe someday I will! LOL.