Monday, February 25, 2013

Retreat Report

Last weekend was my guild's winter retreat. It was a wonderful weekend of fun and sewing. It snowed both Friday and Saturday! I got a lot accomplished.

My main project was to get the blocks sewn for my Abacus quilt.


Done! I'm in the process of squaring them up. Then I'll play with them on my design wall before sewing them together.

I also got two charity tops pieced.


Above is one of the two. The other is the same pattern with different fabrics, boy fabrics.

I started a third kid quilt. I don't know if this one will go to charity or not. At the moment it is just a pile of flying geese units.


I'm planning to sew these together in six vertical rows of seven, kind of by color. These blocks began life as two charm packs, one of the green solid and the other the prints. I'll post more about this project as I make more progress on it.

We played some fun games and laughed a lot. Have you ever played Apples to Apples? We played this game Saturday night. We also played a game to exchange our "sewing related items." I came home with this charm pack and key cover.


I also won a felt needle book and a tape measure. No picture because Spooky is sleeping on them! I think she missed me.

It is a lot of work to pack up all your stuff, drive some where, unload it all and then do it all again a few days later. However, it is worth the effort to spend quality time with your sewing machine and good friends!


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'd love to go on a retreat right now. Yours sounds so relaxing and it looks like you got a lot done. I must get the curve ruler. You are one special lady making all those charity quilts! I bet your little kitty did miss you.

Mama Pea said...

Sounds like fun. My winter retreat is coming up in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. I'm dying. Really overly stressed out. I need to rethink some things in my life right now.

Don't those abacus blocks sew up quickly? I only made enough for a table runner, and it's turning out swell. Love all you got done. Good job!