Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Half Dozen Done

I've made six ornaments so far. I ended up redoing the yo-yo one with the correct size hook (top left in photo below). I like it much better now.


Things I have learned:

1. When using a button in the center, if there are only two holes it is best to place the hanger so that the holes line up vertically. Otherwise, the button tends to pull away at the top.

2. Doing four chains and skipping two double crochet gives a more petal-like look (bottom left with the cream wool center and red button in photo above).

3. I have lots of fun buttons in my stash, but I'm having a hard time using them. LOL! I don't seem to want to use it unless I have a duplicate I can keep for my "collection."

I've ordered a couple more colors of crochet thread for these. I'm going to wait until it comes in before making more. Tutorial information can be found here.


3 comments:

Barb said...

Love them

Mama Pea said...

Oh, my gosh, those are cute. Nice job. I think you are so funny about the buttons. I am exactly the same way!

West Michigan Quilter said...

These are looking so good! What a nice gift they will make. Thanks for the link to the tute.