Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Star Value

I am trying to make a dent in my pile of completed tops. I chose my Star Value to quilt next because I would like to use it as my "retreat quilt". The next retreat is in two weeks!

I decided to also make a dent in my fat quarter collection. After a little math, I figured that this quilt would require 24 fat quarters for a pieced back. I combed through my stash and pulled out some fat quarters that (1) I felt would go together and (2) I am was ready to use.


It took me a whole afternoon to iron, cut to the same size and piece these 24 fat quarters into a back, but I'm glad I did. Buying more fabric would have certainly been faster and easier, but it feels good to use what I already have. And I really like how it turned out.

The quilting process has begun.


Because the quilt is already so busy and because I want to have this finished in less than two weeks, I'm going with all-over swirls for the quilting. I have 6 1/2 bobbins wound. This is a large quilt at 72" by 96" so I don't know if that will be enough, but I can wind more if necessary.


No comments: