Friday, February 21, 2014

Finished :: Diamonds In Star Light

I am so happy to report that I have finished my Star Value quilt in plenty of time to photograph and wash it before leaving for my retreat. I will be sleeping under it tonight.


I am also please by how well the quilting shows up in the photos. I did an all-over swirl with white thread. I used 24 fat quarters from my stash for the back.


It makes me very happy to use up fabrics from my stash for the back. I thought it was fitting that a scrap quilt should have a scrappy back. I have thought of using fat quarters for back before, but never took the time to actually do it. Now that I see how fabulous it looks, I will definitely do it again. It is worth the extra time!

The details:

The finished quilt measures 72" by 96". I used white Signature 40 wt. 100% cotton thread for the quilting and quilted it on my HQ Sweet 16. The pattern is called Star Value and is by Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting. Here is a link to the pattern

If you are not familiar with Melissa's blog, you owe it to yourself to spend some time exploring all the great stuff she has there. She is currently hosting a Quilt-A-Long that looks like so much fun. If I had the time, I would be participating. Unfortunately, that isn't in the card for me at the moment, but I do plan to make my own version of the quilt later this year because I think it is a really nice design. To check it out, click on the "Quilt-A-Long's" tab on her blog.


4 comments:

AnnieQuilts said...

I have a ton of fat quarters I liked when I bought them. I've thought about using them for backings just like this but was concerned they would end up wonky. I have a Gammill 22-10 and not much experience with multi-fabric backings. Do you have any special tips?

Thanks.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and beautifully quilted. Enjoy your retreat! Thanks for the link.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful quilt! Enjoy your retreat!

Mama Pea said...

Gasp! This is AMAZING! So beautiful, Lynne! I love it!!!