Thursday, January 15, 2015

Selfish Sewing Month Update

Half way through my month of selfish sewing and I've completely finished one project, my Modern Monday quilt. I have also finished the applique and embroidery on my Sue Spargo 2014 BOM. Unfortunately, I'm still not permitted to show you any photos of it. The pattern is expected to be released in May. Once that happens I will be able to show pictures here. For now, let me just say I'm thrilled with it so far. I'm trying to decide how to quilt it and hope to start that soon.

At the beginning of the month I made a list of things I wanted to do. New pillows for the living room was on the list.

Here is the old pillow.


And the new pillow.


It's actually the same pillow inside, just with a fabulous new cover. Sure brightens up the room!

The pillow cover is a left over block from this project.



Originally I planned to make 12 blocks. After putting them up on my design wall and doing some measuring, I decided that nine blocks with a pieced border will better suit my needs for this quilt. So the extra block became a pillow. I will make another block next week at my scrap group when I teach them how to do this quilt. That block will become another cover for the second yucky gold pillow in our living room. Meanwhile I'm working on the borders for the above quilt. More on that later.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love that pillow. Great idea and way to use those scraps. Love the quilt too.

Mama Pea said...

What an awesome pillow! I just love it!