Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Fun Exercise

My art group did a really fun exercise at our meeting this week. We all started with a drawing of the same block.


We each added lines and circles to our copy of the block then colored them. They all turned out completely different.

Here is mine.



Peg's block



Janet's block



Barb's block



And Linda's block



We have a sixth member of our group but she is out of town and didn't get to participate this time.

These photos aren't the best quality because I took them with my phone and I'm still learning how to use the camera on my phone, but you get the idea. Aren't they all so different! It was really interesting. For homework we each came home with another blank copy of the block. We are suppose to make more copies for ourselves and do a few more with different colors and lines. Next month we will decide what, if anything, we plan to do with these.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

What fun. These are wonderful. I can see several i would like to make up in fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you plan to do with them.

Mama Pea said...

Pretty neat now different they are. I love Peg's--kind of a transparency quilt look! It would be fun if you all had to make these blocks now and put them together. Ha. Do you like how I give you more work to do?